Master of Theology
Master of Theology (ThM) (2 years, 30 credit hours)
This program provides advanced training for those desiring greater mastery of the Bible and theology in preparation for ministry in teaching or further study at the doctoral level. Courses cover biblical studies, theological studies, and teaching and preaching skills. Students can choose one of the three concentrations: Old Testament, New Testament, and Systematic Theology.
|1||Advanced Research Methods|
|3||The Bible: Methodological, Historical, and Theological Themes|
|3||ThM Concentration (1)|
|3||ThM Concentration (2)|
|3||Course and Curriculum Design|
What is a ThM degree?
- A ThM is a second master’s degree that provides additional theological training beyond an MDiv degree. At CWTS, a ThM degree takes two years of full-time study consisting of coursework and a thesis (see above).
- For admission requirements and admission forms, see here (please add hyperlink https://www.cwts.edu/
- For tuition, see here. Scholarship opportunities are available.
- For questions, contact email@example.com.
Why should I do a ThM at CWTS?
- To prepare yourself for ministry in Chinese theological education
- To enrich your ministry of teaching, preaching, and/or writing
- To deepen your theological training through studying advanced topics in theology and biblical studies
- To prepare for Ph.D. studies
Distinctives of the ThM program at CWTS
- One on one mentoring by CWTS faculty for the duration of ThM studies, including thesis
- Integrative approach involving multiple theological disciplines, spiritual life, and fellowship with other students
- Sensitivity to Chinese culture and focus on ministry in a Chinese context
- Monthly meetings with ThM director, students, and external scholars
- Attention to broader evangelicalism including evangelical scholarship (e.g., Rev. Daniel M. Tan Lectureship featuring an evangelical scholar and accompanying workshops)
1,513 total views, 1 views today